Friday, August 21, 2009

August 21, 2009: Electricity, forms, and a little granite

On Friday, we got out to the house in the afternoon. The countertop guys had been out to template for the granite and I noticed a couple things that were probably already done that I had just missed.
Preethi inspects a granite sample the countertop guys left. We were considering using unpolished granite on the top of the mantle (for a stone mantle look) but we decided to go with a polished granite piece that will match the kitchen counter tops.

Same piece as before, but now set on the island in the kitchen.

The concrete pad for the front steps is ready to be poured. Preethi told me this happened on Thursday, but I hadn't seen it.

A different view of the drainfield with an inspection pipe for the septic tank.

See that light? It indicates a ground fault interrupt. I assume it's on because the electrician was testing its operation. But also means that the main power line is now hooked up to the house.

Our power meter was installed and reading 0 kwH. I've never owned or lived in a house that showed that. Probably won't stay there for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment